SOLANO COUNTY RECORD
UCCE OFFICE, 501 TEXAS STREET, FAIRFIELD
Each club that is submitting record books for county evaluation MUST send a minimum of 1 evaluator for every 2 record books (or fraction thereof).
Clubs that fail to provide evaluators will not have their members books evaluated!
There will be three different times to choose from:
- Wednesday, August 19, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 24, from 9 a.m. to Noon
Evaluators must register by Tuesday, August 4, 2020. In order to qualify as a Record Book Evaluator, each individual must at least 18 years of age and no longer a 4-H member. All county evaluators must have evaluated record books at the Club or County level in the past three years.
Evaluators must register through the following link
by Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
THE 4-H RECORD BOOK
4-H record books serve a variety of purposes in the 4-H Youth Development Program. While society has changed, so have the goals of 4-H members to reflect on their yearly work completed as well as maintain records of project and club work. 4-H members demonstrate growth and measure achievements across their years in 4-H.
In record-keeping, 4-H members develop the following life skills:
- Maintaining records of 4-H project, club work and school and community activities.
- Keeping personal and business records.
- Improving communication with other people.
- Learning time management and organizational skills.
- Learning responsibility and developing goal setting skills.
State Record Book forms are located at the link below: